CCT Membership 2015-2016
Clayton Community Theatre's 2015-2016 season includes:
The Piano Lesson by August Wilson, directed by Nada Vaughn
October 15 25, 2015
Set in 1936 Pittsburgh during the aftermath of the Great Depression, this Pulitzer Prize-winning 1990 play by American playwright August Wilson follows the lives of the Charles family and an heirloom, the family piano. The play focuses on the tension between family members who treasure the piano as a link to the family history, and those who want to sell the piano to improve the family's economic status. What The Piano Lesson finally seems to ask is: "What do you do with your legacy, and how do you best put it to use?"
The Women by Clare Boothe Luce, directed by Vanessa Roman and Amy Ruprecht
March 10 20, 2016
This witty comedy of manners follows a group of women through the perils of adultery, divorce and finding a unique voice in a sea of gossip and innuendo. The 1936 play continues to echo a relevant look in the complex nature of relationships.
Inherit the Wind by Jerome Lawrence and Robert Edwin Lee, directed by Mark Neels
June 9 26, 2016 (three weeks)
This play fictionalizes the 1925 Scopes "Monkey" Trial which resulted in John T. Scopes's conviction for teaching Charles Darwin's theory of evolution to a high school science class, contrary to a Tennessee state law. The theme of intellectual freedom explored in the play applies to many other ideological debates, such as the McCarthy trials that were going on at the time it was written in 1955. According to the playwright, "We used the teaching of evolution as a parable, a metaphor for any kind of mind control. It's not about science versus religion. It's about the right to think."
We will be performing each production Friday and Saturday evenings at 8:00 and Sunday afternoons at 2:00; but we will also have an additional performance the Thursday of the opening weekend at 8:00. This allows those whose weekends are already full to enjoy our productions on a Thursday.
Membership is available at several levels:
* Member: $20. Does not include season tickets but includes acknowledgement in the program.
* Subscriber: $45 ($35 for students and seniors). Includes one season ticket to all three plays and acknowledgement in the program.
* Supporter: $150. Includes two season tickets to all three plays, acknowledgement in the program, reserved seating with advance reservation, and two complimentary beverages per production.
* Patron: $250. Includes two season tickets to all three plays, acknowledgement in the program and on on-site donor recognition signage, reserved seating with advance reservation, and two complimentary beverages per production.
* Sponsor: $500. Includes two season tickets to all three plays, acknowledgement in the program and on on-site donor recognition signage, reserved seating with advance reservation, unlimited complimentary beverages, and a pre-show meeting with the cast and director on request for each production.
Washington University South Campus Theatre (View)
6501 Clayton Road
Clayton, MO 63105
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|